Make Digital Work may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.
OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENTS: We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so. We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed. For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
WHAT WE COLLECT: We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Computer IP addresses
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: For the administration of your service requests and to contact you with further information, to contact you with marketing messages which you have requested or agreed to receive from us (for example via an event invitation or via an article), to contact you with surveys and feedback requests (for example relating to an event you attended, webinar you watched), to analyse the way our customers use our site.
SECURITY: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The information collected by the cookies is sent back to the web server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track how the web browser is using our website.
The cookies we use allow us to understand things such as which pages a visitor views, for how long and how a visitor came to the website (from which source e.g. Google, Twitter, Facebook). They cannot identify a specific person’s identity. They only collect anonymous data about how a person is using our website.
If you are concerned about allowing cookies to be stored on your browser, even temporarily, most browsers now recognise when a cookie is offered and will permit you to refuse or accept them.
You can, by default, set your browser to permanently block cookies from any website from being placed on your browser, but doing this may cause some functionality to be lost and the website may not look as intended in your browser.
We may also use anonymous cookie data for remarketing purposes. This means, you may see our promotions and advertisements on other websites that you visit. It’s not something we do currently, but just in case!
You might also wish to visit the Information Commissioner’s website to find out more about cookies.
statement applicable to the website in question.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS: Like millions of other website owners, we use Google Analytics on makedigitalwork.com. Google Analytics is a piece of software that grabs data about my visitors (you); it’s something like an advanced server log. What does Google Analytics record?
- What website you came from to get here.
- How long you stay for.
- What kind of computer you’re using.
- And quite a bit more.
What do I do with your data? The tracking information allows me to better understand the kind of people who come to my site and what content they’re reading. This allows me to make better decisions about design and writing. Occasionally, I will compile aggregate statistics about the number of visitors this site receives and browsers being used. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting. All of my activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at team @makedigitalwork.com.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
• We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
• If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Make Digital Work,199 Providence Square, London, SE1 2DZ. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.